Wednesday, May 8, 2013

DC Week 13!

Happy Mother's Day this week!!!!
    
Sure hope everybody is just spoiling Mom! Be expecting something in the mail, as well as a PHONE CALL on Sunday around 1PM your time! Can't wait!
Well it's been a good week for sure. My new companion, Sister Nakatsuka, and I are doing really well. I'm eager to see how this transfer will be with her. She's really down to earth, and easy going. The other night, she taught me how to write my name in Japanese. Way cool. We are excited to continue the work in White Oak. Heavenly Father is certainly preparing me to carry on this area to her. I thought that I would be so lost when Sister Lawrence left, but I have been so surprised at how much the Lord truly qualifies you for the work. It's awesome.

On Sunday evening, we had the chance to participate in the Night of Music and Inspiration. Not sure if I talked about it before, but it's a sort of concert (once a month) in the main theater of the Visitor Center put on by one selected missionary.  Selected missionaries perform various pieces of music and everyone in the area is welcome to attend. Other missionaries may only come if they bring an investigator, (it's their ticket in). Well a few weeks ago, Sister Lin (from Taiwan and leaving this transfer) gives me a call and asks if I would sing a solo. I didn't know what else to say except that I would. And on Sunday, I did. Now, I know I'm dumb enough to go hitchhiking, jump off bridges, rocks, whatever--I may even catch a snake from time to time, but never in my life have I wished to sing a solo in front of any kind of crowd, let alone, a theater full of people investigating the church--and don't forget President and his wife, and all the other missionaries from the mission.  Well, Heavenly Father certainly showed me He is always, always there. Yes, I was a little shaky, and felt like the whole theater could see my heart beating out of my chest, but God allowed me to perform my small role that night in one piece, and not only that, but He allowed me to bear my testimony while doing it. Which song did I sing? It's called the Tender Mercies of the Lord. Look up the lyrics...I couldn't have hand-picked a better song to describe the very feelings I was having that night. Sister Petramalo (one of our new Senior missionaries) videoed it. I'll snag that from her and we can all have a good laugh about it when I'm home.

Well, not much else to say right now. The weather here has been drizzly lately, but such is necessary for it to be so beautiful. I love the rain, but my hair certainly doesn't. That's okay though. Somehow the work still goes on!

I want to leave you all with a thought I shared at a meeting with Elder Eyring yesterday. It comes from Captain Moroni:

"And thus he was preparing to support their liberty, their lands, their wives, and their children, and their peace, and that they might live unto the Lord their God, and that they might maintain that which was called by their enemies the cause of Christians." ~Alma 48:10  

Family, and friends...we are still fighting every day to maintain that same cause...the Cause...of Christians. Remember the words in 1Timothy 4:12, and strive to be an example of the believers in all that you do. My urgent commitment to you is to share your testimonies with all you meet. Use words if necessary.

I love you all!
Sister Graff 

No comments:

Post a Comment