Tuesday, March 25, 2014

DC Week 47! December 30, 2014



DC Week 47!—

Oh, you guys are so great! It was awesome to Skype home! What a blessing...

Christmas was just wonderful!! It was very different for me this year. Besides the obvious...I had the opportunity to really focus on the more significant aspect of this holiday season. I guess you could say I had a different perspective. For the first time...I wasn't "home". I didn't have all the "normal" things you would associate with a standard Christmas... including my family...which to me has always been the most important thing. The most important thing that is, besides our Savior, Jesus Christ. For the first time, I had no distractions. I had a blank, defined view of the Reason for this season. With that, I was able to see clearly that in this "season" which is usually the darkest time of year, we have something or rather, Someone who makes it the brightest time of the year. Our Savior. We turned outward, instead of in. We reach out to those in more need than ourselves, and with that, were truly able to feel the joy that can come from Christmas. The joy that could have been all these years past, which I had never realized was so easily attainable...I guess I just wasn't looking hard enough...or maybe I just wasn't a missionary, haha. Either way, it was certainly one to remember. I hope yours was too.

I am closing this email early (Hermana Clement and I got caught up in a good conversation with this guy in the library who just needed a few listening ears. It was worth it. I hope you can all understand).



Check out this cool Mormon Message for the New Year--Can you believe 2014 is already upon us??? I can't. Well just remember to "Never Look Back":


Love you! Love you! Love you!

Hermana Graff

Pictures:

1. Fruity fun :) ...I may have gotten a little carried away.

2. Needless to say, my companion was a little scared to go to sleep that night.

3. Frosty!!

4. Jus' makin' a lil' magic with the neighborhood kids :)

5. Guess who...
6. Hallway fun before Christmas Eve dinner.
7. Look! Even in DC, Santa puts round fruit in the toe of my stocking. Never gotten a GRAPEFRUIT before... :) He's so original!
8. Little Sister Rowley. She was trying so hard to be strong, but then just couldn't keep the tears in any longer. This is her second transfer.
9. He CAME!!
10. Lights! Camera! TESTIFY!!
11. What happens when you leave you coat lying around in the VC..


No comments:

Post a Comment